Which is the most important area where you don’t want pests? If you prefer eating healthy foods and cooking in a clean setting, the answer is most likely your kitchen. Pests can rip apart boxes, taint food, and leave droppings in drawers and pantries. Fortunately, Sky Chemicals provides some helpful kitchen pest prevention advice.
- Make it a habit to clean up after meals. Wash all the dishes with the help of a dishwasher (or by hand). Also, table and countertops should be cleaned and leftovers should be stored in sealed containers. Pests are less likely to get onto filthy dishes or exposed meals if you clean up fast.
- When buying food, try getting it in cans or jars. This is particularly helpful against insects and rodents who can chew different types of materials, including plastic, paper, and cardboard.
- Stock up on food in the fridge or freezer. Insects and rodents have a hard time getting inside these appliances. Cereals, dried fruit, and potatoes, for example, stay longer when they are chilled.
- Inspect the pipes beneath your kitchen sink for leaks. Is the floor hole bigger than the pipes? If that’s the case, they could be allowing a number of pests in. The solution to it is foam or caulk.
- Use adhesive or caulking to cover any cracks around the house. This is a huge one that we talk about a lot.
- Keep the area under check, particularly for pencil-sized holes as mice can make a way through them. Also look behind appliances and furniture for any possible ways.
- Cleaning the kitchen is more important than cleaning other sections of the house. Pests can be attracted to even the tiniest crumbs. After any form of food preparation, be sure to clear away crumbs and sanitize tables and countertops. Clear away anything that falls to the ground.
Rinse the plates and crockery if you don’t get time to wash them in the dishwasher. This keeps away the pests from coming.
Take out the garbage as quickly as possible. Allowing rubbish to accumulate in the kitchen invites pests to dine with you.
Keep your cabinets clean. Make sure that there are no exposed food crumbs or liquid food splattered around the base for pests to infiltrate easily.
Substances used to keep away pests
Vinegar can be used to keep away ants from coming into the kitchen. By mixing 1/4 cup white vinegar, 2 cups of water, and 10 drops of peppermint or eucalyptus oil, it can help reduce house pests to a considerable level.
- Plug Holes with Copper Mesh
If you have holes or spaces around the corners or edges of your cabinets or walls, then add some copper mesh with a tool, such as a screwdriver, leaving around half an inch space for expansion. You can also use foam to minimize the gaps.
Remove Fruit Flies Naturally
Use apple cider vinegar to keep away fruit flies coming in your kitchen or any other room. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and insert a couple of pencil lead sized holes in the plastic. The flies will be attracted to the vinegar and will not be able to move away.
Coffee particles are primarily used to make a delicious cup of java. However, they have other uses as well. You can use this material around the house from where you think pests are coming. The smell is quite peculiar and will keep away pests for a long period.
Make your own dust mite repellant spray with the help of eucalyptus, lavender, clove or peppermint oil with water in a spray bottle. You can use it on corners, mist furniture and linens to allow the spray to air dry.
Pests and contaminants are a constant threat to kitchens or food-oriented places, such as hotels and restaurants. They can spoil food and cause an area to become unhygienic and non-usable. For this purpose, you need to keep them away from your home or office by using different methods. Some of the most common ones are using coffee grounds or vinegar that offers a pungent smell as an irritant for the living organisms.
To know more about our services, visit (https://skychemicalservices.pk/)